Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

My whole dating life I have hated the idea of celebrating Valentine's Day.  It seemed to mushy romantic and I felt too young to celebrate the holiday.  Now that I'm married it has become my second favorite holiday!  I love everything about it, I love spending special time with the Tanner. I love going to the grocery store or driving by a flower shop and seeing men lined up out the door buying flowers.  It's just such a happy day!  Tanner surprised me for lunch by coming home with Cafe Rio and gorgeous flowers, we went to a park close to our house and ate lunch together.  Then for dinner we went and picked up takeout and Ho Sum Bistro and ate it at the beach at sunset.  It was absolutely perfect!    I told Tanner a month ago if he could plan something romantic for Valentine's day, since in my head it's kind of a woman's holiday. :)  I would have been fine with dinner reservations, but of course Tanner planned something WAY more romantic.  Tanner booked a weekend in Big Bear!  He got a cute little cabin and we are going to attempt to ski for my second time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment